Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Day 5: Passing into Canada


Holiday Inn, Saint John, New Brunswick

Gaby and Mum near Fort Knox
We're finally in Canada! That's right, we passed by a Tim Horton's, ate A&W, and may now speak in kilometers and Celsius, although we did anyways when we were in the USA.

We traveled ALL DAY today. There wasn't enough room on the ferry back to Portland, so we had to wait for the next one, at 10:45. Oh well. Except that Gaby was feeling cranky. When we finally boarded the boat, and Mum and I were sitting on the open windows eating ice cream while Gaby sulked in the car Mum said: "Isn't it ironic that Gaby is cranky because she stayed up all night watching Glee?"
That's right, Gaby is officially OBSESSED with Glee. She spent about half an hour in the pool at our hotel telling me who is with who, who broke up with who, and who got who pregnant. I guess I forgive her, for I am equally obsessed with Death Note, this AMAZING manga I'm reading on the Internet, I won't bore you with the details, but it's so good that instead of yelling out at Gaby to be quiet because it was so very interesting and absorbing, I yelled at her to be quiet because it was so very important. And to me, it is.
Anyways, after Gaby got over her lack of sleep, we had a really good time laughing and singing in the car for the 8-hour drive. The theme song to this trip is Payphone by Maroon 5; it keeps coming on on the radio and when my iPod is plugged into the car speakers on shuffle. It's so good, but it's getting to be so annoying. I remember on our last road trip, when we went to Tennessee in February '11, the theme song was Forget You by Cee-lo Green. Both "clean" and "unclean" versions were acceptable.

Mom hanging (falling?) off an old (OLD) soldier's bed
On the way to Saint John, we stopped at Fort Knox, Maine. It was really cool, and prison-like. I have this strange thing for prisons. Especially the run-down ones. Well, it was very AWESOME and dark, as well as very echo-y. I kept losing Gaby and Mum (purposefully?) and having to find them again. There was also an observatory (meaning, a bit tower to go up) where we could see... uh... water and forests and mountains and stuff. Which water? Which forests? Which mountains? And which stuff? you may ask, and I may respond that I have no idea.



Well, we have another day of traveling ahead of us tomorrow, that will last another 5 hours. But then we'll be in Halifax, so we'll be able to stay in one place for a few days. But I don't mind the traveling. I don't feel like I'm wasting my time when I'm not doing anything, as I do when we could be visiting places.

No comments:

Post a Comment